Monday, September 26, 2011

Union Pacific Part 1

Logo


I had intended to show the logos of railroads which were acquired by the Union Pacific, which I will do in Part 2. While I was researching the various mergers, much to my excitement  I found that Union Pacific’s website has a section dedicated to the history of its own corporate logo.  Check it out!

 It shows every logo the company ever used along with commentary both on the history of the company and the design of the logos from the founding of the company, to the first “shield” to current. Kudos and thanks to whoever in the company has a passion for history.
Charles Francis Adams Logo  An early logo from 1884. It looks very Victorian.

The first "shield" from 1887. In just two years, they switched to a much more modern looking type face. The next year saw the introduction of the red, white and blue color scheme, very similar to the current version.




Single Line Shield #1












No comments:

Post a Comment